Since our Website makes use of “cookies”, we would like to inform you about the different types of cookies we use and which cookies our service providers use and how you can manage and block cookies.
On this page
1. Who we are?
- Since our Website makes use of “cookies”, we would like to inform you about the different types of cookies we use and which cookies our service providers use and how you can manage and block cookies.
Via e-mail: email@example.com, to the attention of our Privacy Officer;
By post: to Spire Group NV, Veldkant 33A, 2550 Kontich.
- Cookies are small pieces of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer, laptop or mobile device when you visit a website or certain pages of that specific website. The cookie allows that website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time and to apply them during subsequent visits, for example your preferred language.
- Cookies usually contain the name of the website where the cookie has come from, how long the cookie will remain on your device (its expiry date), and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
- A distinction is made between strictly necessary cookies and other cookies.
- The strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, for example for the security of our Website and its accessibility. By virtue of the applicable legislation, we are not required to ask your consent to use such cookies
- A further distinction on the basis of the category can be made according to the specific purpose of the cookie. For each of these categories (unless they are strictly necessary), we will ask your consent.
- Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
- Permanent cookies and session cookies
The task of a permanent cookie is to recognize the web browser with a view to repeat visits to the Website, while the task of a session cookie is to recognize the web browser during the visit to the Website. Permanent cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device. Session cookies will be deleted at the end of every session.
- First party cookies and third party cookies
First party cookies are set by the Website itself. Third party cookies are set by other websites than our Website. This happens when our Website incorporates elements from other websites, such as social media plug-ins or advertisements that are put on our Website.
- Performance cookies and functional cookies
Performance cookies monitor how the visitor uses the Website. This enables the website administrator to adjust and optimize the content and ease of use of the Website (for example: how many people have visited the different pages on the Website and which language is the most popular amongst our visitors). Functional cookies are cookies that remember your preferences when you use the Website, such as your chosen language, and will make the Website more user-friendly and enhancing your user experience
- Permanent cookies and session cookies
Which cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies:These are required for the operation of our Website. They include for example cookies that enable you to log in. No consent for these cookies is required.
- Other cookies:
- Name: _ga
- Category: Analytics
- Content of the cookie: This cookie contains 4 types of information, separated by a dot. Version of the code and cookie, the domain level, any number generated by Google when this cookie is created and stored and the last one is a timestamp of when this cookie is created after this user first arrives on the site.
- Purpose: Identification of visitors
- Storage period: 2 years
What are cookies?
- When visiting the Website visitors will be informed (by means of a pop-up) which cookies are being used by us, and we will ask the visitor’s consent for the use of each of the cookies. You can at all times manage or delete cookies using the settings on your internet browser, allowing you to refuse some or all cookies, except for the strictly necessary cookies, since these cookies are essential for the visitor to browse the Website and its features. Turning off cookies will limit the service that we are able to provide and may affect your user-experience. Deleting cookies may result in manually adjusting preferences every time you visit our Website.
- For more details about controlling and/or deleting cookies, visit the page corresponding to your browser for more information:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-Website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (rand);
- or visit http://aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/